Career Development of Melanated Millennial Women
"Tremendous amounts of talent are lost to our society just because that talent wears a skirt." - Shirley Chisholm
Whose your inspiration?
Our Latest Post...
Valentine's Day Shopping Made easy
American Women of color occupy only 11.9 percent of managerial and professional positions. Of those women, only 5.3 percent are African American. Who inspires you?
In 2012, over 50% of all African American Women ages 18-24 were enrolled in a institution of higher learning (college). That is the highest of ANY other race-gender group in the United States of America. However, women of color occupy only 5.3 percent of professional managerial positions.
- There is currently only 1 African American Fortune 500 CEO.
- Women of Color hold 3.3% of board seats.
- In 2012, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies had no women of color board directors for the fifth consecutive year.
- Women of color hold only 3.2 percent of the board seats of Fortune 500 companies.
- More than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies have no women of color as board directors at all.
Fav WorkOutfit of the week from @nadzb_barbiedollsa
Would you like to connect to Lean In Keisha? Email email@example.com