For some of us, interviews are the ultimate struggle! But we can not allow this 15 minute conversation to keep us from the job we deserve! Here is what you may be doing wrong. When your interviewer ask,"Do you have any questions for me?", that does not end the interview; It is the beginning of part two. The last two minutes of an interview can make or break you. A common mistake of many applicants is NOT having any questions for the interviewer or asking the wrong questions. Below are my five favorite questions to ask! Remember, practice makes progress, so next time- try one!
1. What metrics or system do you use to track progress? Every company measures success differently ie: sales, completed orders etc. 'Metrics' is a buzz word in the logistics field.
2. Are their any qualifications that my profile do not meet? This is a gutsy question, however, you may have the opportunity to complete the gap in any qualifications you missed.
3. What would my first priority be in this position? Yeah! You are focused and ready to work.
4. What can you tell me about the team/colleagues will I be working with? Teamwork is an essential part of so many companies! Letting them know that you care about the team speaks to your character.
5. What is the largest problem your company faces today in (operations, finance, _____)? And how can I help? Fill in with your perspective field. Having the ability to see 'The Big Picture' is a skill for any future leader!
Remember to help a sister out and pass this article to anybody looking for a summer job! #LeanInKeisha